Disney Hollywood Studios - Fun Facts
Florida Guide > Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Studios home to Disneys biggest building – but which one – read on to find that information and more…
• Disney Hollywood Studios, the third theme park opened its doors in April 1989 and cost more than $500 million. It covers 231 acres, 77 acres of which is for parking.
• Hollywood Studios was not actually planned as a separate theme park, but was originally planned as a movie Pavilion at Epcot. However, when the ideas started taking off the Imagineers realised that this was too big a mission for just a pavilion.
• Hollywood Studios’s first full length film to be produced at the studio was Mulan.
• In the Muppet Vision 3D show look behind you to find out who is running the projector!
• Rock n Roller Coasters Limos go from 0 to 57 miles per hour in 2. 8 seconds and the launch hurls you up 200 feet. It is home to more than 900 speakers in total.
• There are over 60 hours of recorded music played outside the Rock n Roller coaster – so that guests will never hear the same tune played twice in a day.
• The PA system at the Star Tours waiting area tanoys for a Mr Egroeg Sucul – what do you get when you try and read the names backwards?
• The flight simulator used in Star Tours is the same as ones used in the military to train pilots.
• The Lights, Motor Action arena can seat 5, 000 guests.
• Spooky – when the Tower of Terror was been constructed – it was struck by lightening! ! ! !
• Tower of Terror 199 foot tall, originally it was to be taller, but any building 200 foot or over to comply with flight regulations would have to have a blinker on top. Coming up behind in heights is the Earful Tower measuring a measly 130 feet, this tower is not a working water tower as some would believe.
• The boulder used in Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular actually weighs in at 440 pounds.
• In the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play area, between the slide coming out of the role of film and the garden hose you will find a dog’s nose. If you put your hand up its nostril it will give you a sniff!
• Casablanca, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Alien, Mary Pippins, The Wizard of Oz, Singing in the Rain, The Public Enemy all take a part of the Great Movie Ride.
• The Great Movie Ride offers two different scenes one is a gangster and the other cowboys – ask a cast member how to experience both.
Viewed 126421 times.
We aim to provide accurate and useful information, but if you feel anything provided here is not accurate or out of date, please email us with the address of the page concerned and any comments so we can amend as necessary.
Villa Owners: Upload A Photo To This Article
To upload a photo for consideration, click here. Please only submit photos relevant to this article.
Other Articles Viewed
The following articles were also viewed by people who looked at this one: